  From: Dane Trethowan
  To: PC Audio Discussion List
  Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:14 PM
  Subject: Received My Olympus DM7

  Subject line says it all and I've been exploring the new recorder for a
  couple of days though a big part of me does prefer my older Olympus DM4
  and I'm still quite happy to use the faithful and most reliable Zoom H1
  which I've had for around 5 years now.

  I think what surprised me is the striking differences between the two
  Olympus recorders, I know we did have a discussion on the differences
  between the two machines on list a while back but actually comparing the
  two physically side by side? Well I wasn't quite prepared for the shock.

  The DM7 along with its looks does throw up some new ways of doing things
  obviously, the control layout tells you that.

  I think the internal speaker of the DM7 sounds quite a bit nicer than
  does the DM4.

  I haven't as yet set up the Wi-Fi and I probably won't bother given its
  limited use, that's a shame as the potential for that function is huge!
  the hardware is there so why not go all the way and have access to an
  Internet Radio Database or podcasting Database service? Perhaps I'm
  talking about a future Olympus machine.

  --

  Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves

--- End Message ---