Hi!

I’ve had a Focus 40 Braille Display now for just over a fortnight and these
devices are truly amazing.

So you’re asking, what does a Braille Display have to do with audio? Well
normally not a lot but in my case quite a bit.

I’ve done some programming of the display so that I can perform various
functions using chorded commands from the perkins style keyboard behind the row
of 40 Braille cells.

I can for example manipulate Skype by using chords to answer/end calls, put
calls on hold, merge calls together etc, I’m using the Mac to do this but I
can’t see any reason why this couldn’t be done on a Windows PC.

Its absolutely glorious being able to read and take notes on a Braille display
whilst chatting, I find listening to a computer voice whilst talking a major
annoyance.

So here I am sitting comfortably on my couch with my Mac on the desk, my
headphones on and my Braille display on my knee typing away and ready to answer
any incoming Skype calls at the touch of a spacebar-A chord on the display, it
just doesn’t get much better than this.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.