itunes will not add song info if it only says track 01. it works off a online database for music if the cd your importing as its info on it track name artist ect, then itunes will pick it up and each track will be labeled correctly. itunes alows you to set the option for import automatically when you put in a cd. for me it works great. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: I'm looking for software that will scan an mp3 file and fill inthe tag info the way Winamp did.

Good Question.

Now this is a line of options I haven’t fully explored as I’ve had no real need to but the only player I know of that would fit your requirements is iTunes which does have those sorts of functions built-in to it.

I’m not saying that iTunes will fit your exacting requirements but I reckon its worth the look at least.