From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 1:53 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: NV Access | NVDA 2016.1 Now Available

Hi!

I normally don't mention updates but this one is a significant update when it
comes to audio, the latest version of NVDA now has "Audio Ducking" which other
Screen Reading software - though to my knowledge not for Windows - has had for
quite some time.

"Audio Ducking" is the effect of "Ducking" the level of audio whilst the Screen
Reader is speaking, for example if you're listening to music and a Windows 10
Notification comes up NVDA will reduce the level of the music playing so the
Screen Reader can be easily heard.

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-1-now-available/

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves