This is an iPhone 5, and a normal jack won't fit its headphone/earphone
receptor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 2:55 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: How to connect regular headphones to an iPhone

Normally you just plug them in assuming the jack of your headphones is a 3.5MM
jack.

If the jack is larger then you’ll have to buy an adapter which can be purchased
at your local electronics store.

Connecting a standard set of headphones means that you’ll have to answer a call
on your iPhone on the iPhone itself, control music playback and volume from the
iPhone itself and use the iPhones own microphone.

Some headphones such as the B&W P7’s come with interchangeable leads, one
specifically for an IOS/Android device and the other specifically for
connection to a stereo system.

> On 26 Apr 2016, at 4:44 AM, Adrian Spratt <adr...@adrianspratt.com> wrote:
>
> I'm guessing there's a connector that enables you to connect headphones with
> regular jacks to iPhones. I'm hopeless at technical jargon. If there is such
> a connector, could someone say exactly what I should look for on, say, Amazon?

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.