Now that’s a good question.

The Sync detection on the PL880 is about the worst there is and the one on the
Eton Satellite isn’t much better, in short its a disgrace if Sync Detection is
what you’re after.

The radio with the best Sync Detection I’ve seen of recent years is that found
on the Tecsun PL660 which is a very good Shortwave unit however its audio isn’t
too good for its size and the AM Broadcast band sensitivity is dreadful, the
worst I’ve seen in a portable.

FM performance thankfully is outstanding.