From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: 24 May 2016 06:01 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: B&W speakers arrived finally

I hope you can manage to get your remote control working. I prefer it immensely
to the controls on the speaker, because they have no tactile indication, and
because you have to reach for the speaker in order to use those controls. Plus,
with the remote you can move among tracks and stop playback. It's a very handy
little unit.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 24, 2016, at 8:40 AM, André van Deventer <andred...@webafrica.org.za>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>

> For those of you who might still remember – my pair of B&W mm1
> speakers finally arrived today.
>

> Getting started was rather straight forward.   I simply connected up the two
> speakers, connected it up to the power supply and plugged in the USB port.
> Was a bit of a problem finding the power button on the side of the
> active speaker but when I finally found it by accident, the computer
> recognised it immediately and installed the windows drivers.  It now
> shows up in my audio devices as mm1.
>

> The two rather small speakers are surprisingly heavy for their size and
> extremely solidly constructed.   There are two buttons on the left side of
> the speaker for volume control and one on the right side of the
> speaker which is the power on button.  All of these buttons must be
> physically press
> so they give tactile feedback.   But there is now physicale indication where
> they are located.
>

> There is a basic little remote control that comes with the unit which
> I have not yet used.  You have to pul out f small tab that keeps the
> battery door from closing.  I messed up things a bit so the greatest
> part of the tab broke off!  Still have to get the rest out.
>

> The sound that comes out of these little speakers is quite astonishing.
> However, if you are looking for booming bass and screeching highs as
> seem to be the case with much of the modern equipment, you are going
> to be very disappointed.  The sound of the B&W is subtle  that is the
> only way I can describe it.  All the frequencies are there that you
> would need.  And the sound is wonderfully clear.
>

> Am still running some tests so will get back later if anyone is interested.
>

> Regards
>

> Andre
>

> ---

---