From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: 22 July 2016 01:12 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Bowers And Wilkins MM1 Computer Speakers

Yep fair point about the “Standby” issue unless something could trigger them
through the USB port connection perhaps? I’ll do some research on that later on
today.

You’re right about opinion on sound being very subjective <smile>.  The one
thing I’ll say about the M1’s from hearing them that often is that they’re not
the type of speaker for a lounge room - meaning they’re not good at projecting
sound too far - so obviously they’re meant to enjoy good Hi-Fi sound with you
sitting nearly in front of them at your computer desk with the M1’s sitting
either side of you pounding up the rich sound.

On the other hand - if you want something that projects sound far and wide -
and sounds as good at one end of the house as it does the other - then
something like the A7 might be the go, the A7 I have myself and it also hooks
up to the USB port of your computer which is a great touch for a speaker system.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.

---