now if they would make something fore making your own records that would be awesome

On 11/3/2016 9:21 AM, goshawk on horseback wrote:
audiotechnica do a few nice decks, which have both USB, and standard phono
outputs with a line level option built in, so no need for an extra preamp. I
personally like the AT-LP1240

Simon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anders Holmberg" <and...@pipkrokodil.se>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2016 11:49 AM
Subject: Advice needed for good vinyl player and ria amp.

Hi!
Since my Dad passed on in July my intentions are to digitize some of his
vinyl collections.
Not only for sentimental reasons, also because he had some vinyls you can’t
get from anywhere.
So my questions are:
What kind of vinyl player should i get?
I think i read on this list that usb turntables are no good and i guess this
is because the sound of the dac in the turntable?
But if i by the new rega planar 1 2016 i guess i get a good player for the
money or do i have to get up in price?
The next thing is the Ria amp for the turntable.
That has to be good enough but not in the expensive part of the price tag.
Sadly i am not made of money *lol*.
So any help you can give me are very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
/A