Hi, Andy. First, you don't meed a mic, as the cameras have built-in ones, quite nice, in fact. The Hero5 series actually record in stereo.

GoPro makes attachments for wrists, arms and legs. Additionally, there's a chest harness that you can wear. Minor problem is that the GoPro's mics are so sentitive that you'll hear a lot of thumping when walking - that's the sound of your feet as you plod along.

So, long story short: If you're going to get a GoPro, get the Hero5 Session. Hope this all helps.--Matt & Quill.