Thanks Dane and for the tips with the remote.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2017 5:42 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: B&W MM1's Further Notes

And my apologies to those who don’t have a pair of these speakers so please
don’t get too envious <smile>.
Some important questions have been raised over the period of this discussion
which I thought worth chasing up as I couldn’t answer them when they were
raised.
Firstly firmware updates.
It appears that the updates are performed by the B&W Controller App which - in
the case of the MM1’s - has to be used with the Windows PC.
I’ve no idea how accessible or otherwise this App is.
It appears that a firmware update for the B&W MM1’s was released in March 2015
so given that we’re almost 2 years on from the release of that update it very
well may be that the latest firmware is already residing in our units - if we
bought them recently. -.
Secondly about the issue of heat? All the B&W Support page for the MM1 says on
this topic is that, “It is normal for the right speaker to become warm”, hardly
helpful but there we are.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.

---