From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2017 8:37 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Amazon Echo Dot

I took delivery of mine yesterday and I couldn't be happier with what
this device does.

Of course - having read a lot of information published about the Echo
Dot onlisnt and from other sources plus actually having an Echo myself -
I pretty much knew what to expect however I've never seen a hockey puk
before in my life and an Echo Dot is supposed to resmble a puk? Well I
can't vouch for that myself <smile>.

Anyway its simple enough, just an Audio output jack - not sure whether
it supports digital Optical out but I suspect not - and a Micro USB port
for power.

On the top of the device are 4 buttons, volume up/down, microphone
on/off and the "Action" button.

I Was warned that the Internal speaker of Dot wasn't anything flash
though I didn't expect it to be given the size of the Dot but its
certainly listenable enough if all you're planning to do is talk to Dot
and receive feedback, you'll certainly want something better to stream
to using Bluetooth or to connect to Dot if you're planning on listening
to music.

So to my question, I believe I have the 2016 model Echo Dot, what's the
difference between the 2016 and Second Generation of Dot?