First of all, if you use /usr/sfw/bin/wget with PCA (as recommended), this doesn't matter at all to you.

For all of those who compile their own versions of wget or use e.g. the pre-compiled binary from sunfreeware, you should be aware that version 1.13.3 contains a stupid which makes PCA fail to use it. The bug is described here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-wget/2011-09/msg00001.html

When running "wget --version", it doesn't print complete version information and fails with an exit code 3 instead. When compiling wget from source, it can be fixed by a simple patch included in the above message. I have put a workaround for that issue into the current development release of PCA (20110907-01), which makes it work with the original buffy version 1.13.3 of wget, too.

The "good" thing is that not many Solaris users will succeed in compiling wget 1.13.3, anyway. It fails with a compiler or linker error, no matter whether GnuTLS is used (the new default) or OpenSSL is selected with "configure". Seems as if the versions of both these libraries provided with Solaris 10 are too old and are missing required functionality.

I'm sending this directly to the blastwave/opencsw maintainers, too. It might be worth to either wait for 1.13.4 or to apply the above patch before producing and delivering new packages for wget.

Martin.