Hi Sergio,

I don't have a straight solution for your task, but here are some ideas:

> 1) Is there any better way to do it?

Try using "pca --minimal missingr". The "minimal" option will make PCA work with the list of patches in the Recommended Patch Set. So this command should give you a list of missing applicable patches. When feeding PCA an empty "showrev" output (simulating an unpatches system), you should get the complete number of applicable patches.

2) is pca considering that info (field #10)?

yes, it uses it to determine whether a patch is applicable or not.

3) If yes, does anybody have any tip where can I extract that info from?

besides patchdiag.xref? The "VERSION" line in the <pkg>/pkginfo files, to be found in the extracted patch zip file.

4) Did anybody have a requirement like this before? (compare against a fixed
set of patches)

Not me.

hope it helps,
Martin.