On Dec 21, 2006, at 3:59 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
 used optional libraries:

  font-rendering         :

I think this was a case of code that wasn't in Fink. How about adding
it to GemLibs?

it has been added to GemLib several months ago.
however, this doesn't mean that somebody had made any effort to actually
use the FTGL-code in there. (read: GemLib/FTGL is _not_ build by any
Gem-build targets; Gem's configure does not automatically look into
GemLib to search for libraries).

so much things to be done...

...yep: what really needs to be done is to set up FTGL in sourceforge (as it's own project, not just as sub-project of gem), then add that to the gem build process...I had contacted the author of FTGL before I came down with leukemia (he has basically been looking to do this for awhile...), but have since kinda dropped the ball :-( However, things are really going good for me health-wise now, so I'll move this up higher on the "to-do" list!

jamie