hi cyrille,
hmm, I started working with other 3d software (blender, maya) and wanted to build similar stuff in gem, that is why I took a closer look into measures and values. I think I would want a [rectangle 4 3] really based on (-x/2, -y/2). or even better with a message argument rectmode ("center" vs. "corner"). but anyway, I don't think gem will change, so I am fine now, knowing, how to set the object arguments...
thank you for your answer!
marius.

cyrille henry wrote:

marius schebella a écrit :
circle, yes, but why should the width of [rectangle 4 3] be 8, and the height 6???
It is not what one would expect?

a [rectangle 4 3] is not based on this point : (0,0); (x,0); (x,y); (0,y).
it is centered. so i think it's quit logic to have a [rectangle x,y] based on (-x,-y);(x,y)... better than (-x/2,-y/2) etc.

Gem is like this since the begining and you're the 1st (as i remember) complaining about this.

cyrille

m.

cyrille henry wrote:
yes.
the radius of a [circle 1] is 1.
so it's diameter is 2, like all other Gem object.

cyrille

marius schebella a écrit :
hi,
I am a little bit confused...
is it possible that all objects in Gem are drawn twice as big as they should???

[gemhead]

[translateXYZ 2 0 0]

[square 2]

size 2 of the square should be the width (=height). but translate 2 only shifts the square half of its width.
or am I misunderstanding something? please help!
marius.