On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

In addition, I like the idea of ignoring bangs on [until]'s hot inlet
unless something is connected on the cold inlet.  That would help the
situation without detriment that I can see.  When it ignores the
bang, it should issue a warning.  I am not sure how feasible it is
though.

Pd keeps only record of the connections in the outlets, not in the inlets, so you'd really have to do an elaborate special case for [until]. Perhaps it could be called class_setconnectnotify(t_class *x, t_connectnotifyfn f) which would register a callback so that objects can know that they've been connected.