Atte André Jensen wrote:
Where is this set-ability documented? Now I'd like to do kinda the same with dac~, but that doesn't work:

[set 4(

[dac~ 1]

Naturally a bit more elaborate in real life, bit the idea is to have an abstraction output to some channel in dac based on creation arguments...

try the attached patch.. note, you can put the [r~]-[dac~] block anywhere, it doesn't have to be in the same patch.

What's different about dac~ compared to throw~, where can I read about it, and how can I do what I'm trying to (set the channel of dac~)?

[dac~] is for connecting to the soundcard - best practise is probably to have only one [dac~] object in your whole patch of patches, because then you can do nice things like have a master volume control.

[throw~] and [catch~] on the other hand are for routing signals.

imagine the [dac~] as your master mixing desk and P/A, and [throw~] and [catch~] (and [r~] and [s~]) as audio signal cables connecting your various bits of gear.

--
damian stewart | +31 6 8178 5197 |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz
#N canvas 500 305 333 312 10;
#X obj 42 271 dac~ 1 2 3;
#X obj 144 189 == 3;