it's not the right version of pdp_v4l2,
and i think this one should be removed,
pdp_v4l2 has been improved and integrated in P.i.D.i.P.
with the right authorship ( e.g. Lluis Gomez and I )

so you'd better install this one.

saludos,
sevy

olsen wrote:
buenas
on the macbook penryn(4th generation?) i can't report a success so far - running ubuntu hardy with luvcview the camera works. with pdp_v4l2 there's only a marsy green window flickering with the initialization of the camera... i compiled the pdp_v4l2 as mentioned on: http://hangar.org/wikis/lab/doku.php?id=start:puredata_pdvjtools
output errors this:
VIDIOC_S_FMT error 22, Invalid argument
the format 1 message didn't change anything on the image
thanks for hints & greets
olsen

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
Hey,

Sergi and I just figured out how to use the macbook pro iSight camera with pdp_v4l2, so I thought I just post here how for the record: By default the iSight with pdp_v4l2 seems to use MJPEG colorspace, so I was getting a "pdp_v4l2: unsupported color model" error.

We sent the [format 1( to get the YUYV space, as reported in the Pd window, and it works!

.hc

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. - General Smedley Butler