On Mar 11, 2009, at 8:42 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

Steffen Juul wrote:
On 10/03/2009, at 18.11, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
(...) and the green/white toggle from [pddp/dsp].
I quite strongly think [cvn]'s tricks should be avoided in help patches, especially those default for vanilla objects.

what are "[cnv]'s tricks"? setting their colour?
i wouldn't call it a trick, as it is one of the few things you can actually do with a cnv. (a trick would probably be to set the send/receive labels at runtime; which really makes patches rather unreadably; another trick would be to move objects around to make GOPs be polymorphic; i agree that simple every-day objects should probably avoid such things; i still don't see any trick in setting the colour of a canvas or the value of a numberbox)

Reason being it took me quite some time before i got heads and tails of it. Before that, it was a total mystery. Such mysteries are bad for learning since it may well obstruct learning of basic things. There is enough syntax to get into when starting to learn Pd.

but myteries unveiled are good for learning.
so it boils down to in-line documentation of the mysteries used.

So here's my attempt at a vanilla combination of Miller's output~, rradical/ezdac~, and pddp/dsp.

fgmasdr
IOhannes