A follow-up: I now strongly suspect that it is the M-Audio Ozone driver for Snow Leopard that is freezing on sleep. I tried sleeping my Pd-extended setup without the keyboard connected (i.e. using the MacBook's internal sound out), and there was no sleep-freeze. I did have to turn audio off and then on again after waking before sound would be produced, however.

Phil

Phil Stone wrote:
I was having a similar problem, but eventually noticed that the freeze-ups happened only after wake from sleep. With sleep disabled (not a good long-term solution, I realize), Pd-extended (v. 0.41.4) runs rock-stable. I halfway suspect it is my M-Audio Ozone drivers that is not recovering from sleep, but I haven't tested to isolate that yet.

Phil Stone
http://www.pkstonemusic.com

Morgan Evans-Weiler wrote:
Is anybody having problems running Pd extended with Snow Leopard? I'm having trouble getting it running correctly without it freezing up. It will work fine for a few minutes but soon freezes and will not let me open or close files or open or close the program. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Morgan