Le 03/06/2010 23:25, Pagano, Patrick a écrit :
Hans
Does it have to be linux?
I have 5 contiguous 1400x1050 x x x x x  giving 7000x1050 in Winxp, if  you are
using GEM windows might be a solution

what would be the problem with linux?

-----Original Message-----
From: pd-list-boun...@iem.at [mailto:pd-list-boun...@iem.at] On Behalf Of
Hans-Christoph Steiner
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:08 PM
To: cyrille henry
Cc: PD list
Subject: Re: [PD] many DVI ports with Debian/Ubuntu and Gem

The screens we are currently specing are 1080p, so each output should
be able to do 1080.  The idea is to have 10 contiguous screens all in
a line show one Gem space.  They can show up on the computer as
contiguous or separate screens, that doesn't matter, I can handle the
difference in Gem.  I think it might be easier to have them show up as
separate screens.

I can break it up across multiple computers if that's easier, I'm
mostly trying to reduce the expense.  I am just showing images, so not
heavy on the CPU/GPU.

.hc