Since I just "joined" (that is, put my name in) Linkedin, a few days ago, I went to the pd list archives to see if I was in the spammer category. Unfortunately I was, but I don't really know how that happened. I chose to invite nobody from my google mail list (I also find that annoying), so I cannot explain how a mail presumably from me ended up here.

Resuming, I followed the steps *not* to send spam to my friends, and apparently something was sent. I either messed up, or they abused my account. Don't know about other cases, but if it happened to others as it did to me, either a warning mail or a blockage from linkedin domain might be better than banning someone for something he wasn't aware of.

Btw, if any personal contacts in this list got a linkedin mail from me, could you tell me about it? I would like to know how often they use my mail account :(

João

I imagine there is a big button that says "Invite all your friends and colleagues", and when you click it, then LinkedIn imports your address book and starts working. Not something a warning would fix, as it only happens once. I would say block any emails coming from the linkedin.com domain. AFAIK no one uses it as an actual email service. That would fix the issue.

How do emails from unsubscribed addresses end up on the list anyways?

Derek