On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Tyler Leavitt wrote:

Thank you for writing that up Mathieu, I was looking for that exact fix about 3 months ago. Could you or anybody else that wants to take up the issuse explain to me how to add that code to my current installation? I'm assuming it would need to be recompiled, and I've never recompiled a single library or object.

First learn how to recompile pd (extended's core, or vanilla, whichever) and how to install it.

After that, you can install my fix by putting it in a textfile (let's say delwrite-clear.txt) and running those commands in terminal :

  cd pd/src
  patch < delwrite-clear.txt
  make install

(with appropriate changes for saying which folders the files are really in)

(the "patch" command name is a word meaning something completely something else than a modular synth patch... it's a command for automatically editing programmes based on lists of differences such as what I wrote in the email)

Or even point me to a existing tutorial? =)

I don't know.