I've also tried with "auto 1", with and without the bangs, and nothing changes.

On 03/13/2011 01:43 PM, Olivier Baudu wrote:
Hi,

I've recently tried all the codecs but without success... :-/
(pd-ext 0.42.5 // gem 0.92.3 // Ubuntu 10.04)

Sorry...

If someone knows a way to make it works, I'll be happy too...

Cheers...

01ivier

2011/3/12 Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistise...@gmail.com
<mailto:matteosistise...@gmail.com>>

    Some more detailed information of what happens:

    1 I start Pd Extended
    2 I open the patch which uses pix_record
    3 send it "codec 5"
    4 send it "open filename.mov"
    5 send it "record 1"
    6 send it a bang at every frame
    7 send it "record 0".

    (it is always receiving the gemlist)

    Result: it only records the first frame (not a black frame, an
    actual frame).

    If I repeat steps 4-7, i records only one frame again (overwriting
    the file, as expected). If I repeat only steps 5-7, it does nothing,
    doesn't even touch the file (this may be expected).

    If I close the patch (but not Pd), and repeat steps 2-5, it crashes.

    This is Pd Extended 0.42.5, gem 0.92.3 compiled sep 22 2010 (comes
    with pd extended), Ubuntu 10.04

    Apart from the crash which I can avoid, is there something I am
    missing to have it record more than one frame??? Does anybody know
    of a codec that gives less issues? (there are too many to try them all).

    thanks
    m.