Le 2011-09-26 à 20:29:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
On Sep 26, 2011, at 8:16 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:26:27AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
Check out the GUI plugins, they could be a fun way for you to learn Tcl.

Yes, this is actually one of my motivations. :)  I went through some of the
Pd tutorials a couple years ago, and have meant to get back into it for a
while. Then recently, I gained a professional reason to learn Tcl, and it's
provided me with an excuse to dive into the Pd source code.  :)

Wow, that's interesting. I don't often hear that, people using Tcl in their work.

Tcl has a long history of being embedded in apps or coupled with apps on Unix systems. It was designed for that when it was born in 1987. Plenty of industrial systems have used it. It explains a lot about Tcl developers' obsession for unit/regression-testing, backward compatibility, and slow versioning with a lot of bêtas.