On Die, 2013-01-22 at 21:09 +0000, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> Not Sure that one will not loop properly because of the need for an open
> message each time.

You are indeed right. It is not the proper way to do it. Even the
help-file of [readsf~] states it. However, in practice it usually works
flawlessly (probably nowadays disks seem fast enough and there is enough
memory for fs caches). Simply try it with the help of [readsf~ ].

Also the table based approach works, though I'd make two modifications
to the previously posted patch. Use the '-maxsize ' flag for the message
to [soundfiler] in order to allow bigger tables. Then, I'd get rid of
[tabread4~], as it is not needed when you only want to play at original
speed. Actually, I even wouldn't use [tabread~ ], because for very large
tables, the index from [phasor~ ] or [line~ ] will not be precise enough
to hit every sample after position 16'000'000 (limit of the 32bit
floating point format). If you use [tabplay~], it is as simple my
previous example with [readsf~ ]:

[r playagain]

[tabplay yourpreviouslyfilledtable]

                                  [s playagain]

IIRC, [tabplay~] doesn't suffer from that precision problem described
before.

Roman