On 29/08/13 14:57, Ingo wrote:
I was kind of hoping to find a simple and existing solution for globally
sending hid inputs to the current Pd-patch / subpatch / window inside of Pd.

Since I need this only for speeding up programming I found an external
solution "btnx" to reprogram the mouse buttons for sending key commands.
That does the trick for me.

xbindkeys is a quite useful general tool for this kind of thing, mapping key or mouse combinations to commands, also if you want there is a scheme option for more intricate mappings of sequences etc. nice for configuring keystroke and mouse button independently of all the annoying desktop gui stuff.

or triggerhappy (thd) which is similar but outside X

Simon