On 01/27/2014 05:35 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
Hi

I'm using a template consisting of a rectangle done with [filledpolygon]
and a number [drawnumber] in it. While mouse clicks anywhere in the area
of the rectangle are detected, it's only possible to change the number
with the keyboard when I exactly click on the number. Is there a way to
make the number catch the keyboard no matter where I click in the
rectangle?

That's not possible. Essentially what you want is to take a click from one draw command-- [filledpolygon]-- and "map" it or forward it to another-- [drawnumber]. Scalars don't give you any tools to hook in to a parent drawing command's widgetbehavior that way.

  Similarly, I'd like to be able to mouse-drag anywhere in the
rectangle in order to change the value of the number.

You could probably do it if you use a field variable to define hotspots on every 6x6 tile of the rectangle. But you'd also have to constrain movement of the rectangle by abusing the quanta syntax, something like (-whatever:whatever)(0:0). That would presumably constrain the field variable's screen coordinates so that it doesn't move when you click-drag it. Then use the same field variable for your [drawnumber].

I'm almost finished with some new drawing instructions for data structures in Pd-l2ork that implement a subset of the svg spec. I've got some mouseover/mouseout widgetbehaviors working, but still nothing particularly sophisticated in terms of mapping mouse/keyboard interaction to field variables.

One possibility is to make the hotspot bbox settable. Or maybe have a method to forward widgetbehaviors to another drawing command.

-Jonathan

Any ideas?

Roman