From: pd-list-boun...@iem.at [pd-list-boun...@iem.at] on behalf of Pall Thayer
[pallt...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 7:53 PM
To: pd-list
Subject: [PD] Is open source better?

I'm giving a presentation this week. In a way, it's a counter argument to a
recent presentation on Max/MSP. One of the things that I want to highlight is
the "open sourceness" of PD. libpd presents a very good argument and I'll be
highlighting a project I was involved with that produced an IOS app that used
libpd as the audio engine. Is there anything else I should be considering
besides the obvious points of open source being open source. Concrete examples
of PD's open sourceness trumping proprietary technologies?

Thanks,
Pall