On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Karl Garrison wrote:

I have encountered a problem with the wmove() function under PDCurses 3.4 - it appears to not change the cursor position at all, as far as I can tell.

It works fine. The problem in your test program is that after every wmove(), you're doing a getch(), which does an implicit refresh on stdscr (since getch() == wgetch(stdscr)), which moves the cursor back to the position it had in stdscr. If you replaced these with wgetch(win), it would work as you expect.

The behavior is slightly different from ncurses, but it's not an error. In recent versions of PDCurses, wgetch() places the cursor at its current position in the window, since that's where the input text will appear. ncurses doesn't actually move the cursor until it starts outputting the text.

--
William McBrine <wmcbr...@gmail.com>