On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Bill Gray <pl...@projectpluto.com> wrote:

>    Some quick comments...
>
>    I've been meaning to look into the bitbucket mirror.  As you may know,
> I've "managed" Win32a by doing development on my machine and uploading
> a .zip file every now and then.  This works,  but it's conceivable that
> putting it on bitbucket might draw in some development effort.

Recently I found it more enjoyable to hack on GitHub. The Bitbucket makes
sense if you're using Mercurial, which was my favorite Python toy up to now.

 Do you have a table with comparison of win32a port goodies with
>> everything else?
>>

>    That is probably something I should put together.  Most of the
> differences
> are described at http://www.projectpluto.com/win32a.htm .  I _think_
> combining
> this with the other flavors (SDL, OS/2, DOS, console Win32, etc.) will just
> be a matter of recompiling -- backward compatibility has been a top
> priority
> -- but must admit it's been a while since I tried doing that.  Just doing
> that
> gets you some of the Win32a features,  such as better SLK support,  and
> leaves
> you well-positioned to add things such as overlined,  dimmed,  italic,
> bold,
> and struck-out text.

That table will be very cool stuff to have. I am certain that people will
be willing
to send pull requests on GitHub as soon as they will see a missing info that
they can fill.
--
anatoly t.