I hope this helps. I must admit I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for.

From: anatoly techtonik
Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎April‎ ‎12‎, ‎2015 ‎4‎:‎35‎ ‎AM
To: pdcurses-l@lightlink.com

To make it more clear, I am trying to decouple the logic in port implementation
from C semantics to understand how PDCurses work, and so far the mapping of
ACS_ macros and its purpose is not very clear. The guide say what should be
done in ports, but it is still not clear why it is needed and what should
happen between PDCurses and Operating System.