Hi,

Christian Ortolf schrieb:
> Hello!
> My name is Christian and I am a new user of PDFBox.
>
> I do have a few Questions.. hopefully someone can answer.
>
> 1. I do get a lot of  unsupported/disabled Operation info messages from
> the logger (Appendix A)
> What do they mean for me? some parts not read? Do I have to wory about
> something?
Yes, pdfbox doesn't support every operation yet. Some are seldom, some
are not that important and others will lead to an incomplete rendering
or whatever you try to do with the pdf.

> Whats easiest way to disable them?
Within the 0.8.0 version the logging was changed and it is easier to
configure.

> 2. Sometimes I get problems with corrupted stream (Appendix A) though
> rather seldom ..from files perfectly viewable in Acrobat Reader? I
> assume Reader ist just more error resilent and files has some bugs?
Yes, that assumption is right.

> 3. In Appendix B is a stacktrace.. I assume thats a known bug?  Should I
> use the 0.8.0 version or is there much change going  on that it might
> help keeping an eye on the repository?
I suggest to use the 0.8.0 version because of a lot of improvements and
fixes we've made.
The mentioned issue was fixed with [1] but after the release of 0.8.0.

> 4.  In Appendix C are some more exceptions. Anything I should know about
> them?
Try the 0.8 version, it is possible that some of these exception will go
away.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-536