>From rec.photo.marketplace. (My apologies if this was forwarded
earlier--I just cautiously rejoined the list while I await the digest
version.)

Brian Walsh

MZ-3/43mm F1.9 Limited Edition Package (Silver) sold in Japan a couple
of years ago.
 see  http://www.pentax.co.jp/japan/news/1998/17.html

 I purchased this in Japan when it came out and babied it since.  It is
in a prisitine/like new condition complete with original box.  I have
not
 used this package much except for special occasion for indoor shots,
and the original batteries are still strong.

 The special edition MZ-3 (with date back) is different from the regular
one in that it is;
     Dark brown body
     Light gold colour shutter button, shutter dial lock button &
comp.dial lock button
     Gold stripe below the front Pentax logo
     a gold Special Edition logo on Th. front of the body
     Comes with a genuine leather strap with Pentax logo
     Instruction book is in Japanese but you can get an English version
from Pentax

 The Special Edition 43mm/1.9 Limited lens comes with a matching Pentax
UV filter and
 Pentax logo embossed on the lens cap rather than painted.

 MZ-3 is an updated version of MZ-5n with 1/4000 shutter spped and 1/125
sync, and not available in the U.S. market.

 Price is US$650 plus shipping.  (original purchase price was approx.
US$1300).

 Cheers,

 Ken
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You have received this message because you have subscribed to the Pentax-Discuss Mail
List. If you wish to unsubscribe, please send a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
(without the quotes) saying "unsubscribe pentax-discuss" (again with no quotes) and
you will be dropped like a hot potato.