In a message dated 12/11/02 2:58:10 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Yes, but it is debatable whether we are talking about bokeh then or simply
just annoying backgrounds.

Even the best of lenses regarding bokeh cannot perform wonders with annoying
backgrounds.

Pål >>

I'm not a big believer in bokeh. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm sure it
does. But lets face it, it's not as big a deal as we and others seem to make
it out to be. I think it's got more to do with annoying backgrounds, depth of
field and how the photographer handles bright highlights in the background
than anything to do with the design of the lens. There are those who will
disagree that's fine but I get the feeling some people are going to go out
and sell their K105 because someone said the bokeh is bad. That would not be
wise, unless of course they want to sell it to me.
Vic