> Testing the FA 50/1.4 I have found there's no difference in
>  sharpness between f/8 and f/5.6, while the f/4 comes very close.
>  An extraordinary lens that begs for 25 ASA and tripod...

An extraordinary lens indeed. Note that in Tim Sherburne's shot in this
month's PUG that the optical quality of the "A" version is quite evident
even on the monitor. And I hope everybody saw this:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/smp/11242002.html

--Mike

"The life of an intellectual should be a permanent reproach to the idea that
knowledge can only be handed down to us from authority." (unattributed:
unidentified TV talk show guest)

Find out about Mike Johnston's unique photography newsletter, "The 37th
Frame," at http://www.37thframe.com.