Rob Studdert wrote : -----------------
On 17 Dec 2002 at 0:15, Scott Nelson wrote:

>> Has anyone tried this before?  I'm curious, but I
think the second
>> option would be much easier to implement and is
reversible.  Oh yeah,
>> and does anyone have any beat up, broken A series
lenses with f/2.5 or
>> f/2.8 maximum apertures?

> PDMLer Mark Roberts has produced a template and will
modify lenses, one of our
> French PDMLers has a web page dedicated to the
discussion and Boz's KMP has
> quite detailed information regarding the mount code
combinations and theory.

> I have also modified K and M lenses to replicate KA
contacts in the past with
> success.
>
> Cheers,

Hi,
I am a bit confused about what is being discussed
here. In my understanding (which may be wrong of
course) the A-lenses' current circuit is only closed
when the lens is set to the "A"-position, i.e. when
the "A-contact" of the lens is protruded (as opposed
to F and FA lenses).

It is thus my understanding that multisegment metering
only works with A-lenses when they are set to the
A-position. So just adding the plastic insulators to a
K/M lens, according to the code given on Boz' page
would not make much sense (as the camera's A-contact
is recessed and does not (and should not) connect with
the metal lens mount of the K/M lens).

Multisegment metering would only work in manual mode
with an A-lens or with an K/M lens if the camera's
lens mount is current carrying even if the "A-contact"
is not connected. Is this the case?

Alexander

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications.html