> I personally find letterboxed things to look half baked unless
> expensive custom matting is involved.  Much of my stuff goes in albums
> for clients or personal albums - the pages sleeves are sized to
> standard paper sizes.  I think that letterboxing looks rather tacky in
> that scenario.

First of all, you didnt say 6X7 only. I shoot both 35mm and
6X7. I print nearly all my 35mm stuff letterboxed on 8.5 X11
paper and it looks great. I dont see anything "tacky" about
leaving the original image intact. If your fussy, you can
aways trim the PAPER, not the image if the uneven borders bother
you. They dont bother me in the least. cropping my compositionally
correct images to fit the paper, (even a little in the case
of 6X7  ) would bother me far more....
JCO