I say it might be a little
faster than rated because I was shooting side by side with Shel, we
were both using LXae, 100 speed film, I was using the 135/2.3,
he was using the renowned 85/1.8 (wish I had one), it was a dark
and gloomy day and we were both wide open.
Shooting EXACTLY the same scene? Both LX meters with same calibration (checked on a grey card)? Margin of error is probably close to half a stop unless both consitions were assured.

Steve, I think it should be investigated a bit more... That the single coated lens is half a stop faster than the multi-coated version is enough to make me doubt about this.

Maybe somebody with both lenses and the SMC 135/2.5 could do a decisive test one day.

Andre

I asked him what his
shutter speed was and it was 1/60, same as mine.
 Bob Monaghan kind of hinted that the 200/3 and 135/2.3 are
probably faster than rated, by today`s standards.

Steve Larson