Alek,
At the PDMLUK event last summer, I took most of the airplane pictures with a A*400/2.8
and the AF1.7TC, on a Z1. See http://oksne.net/ for the images, and Cotty's page for
pics of the combo http://www.macads.co.uk/pdml/index.html.

After also using it with many other lenses, I have found that AF with the TC is very
accurate with f/2.8 (or better) lenses. Precision with eg. M-200/4 is ok, but no more
than that. Lenses of apertures darker than f/4.5 will make the AF hunt in low light.
AF is quite fast. Comparable to eg. FA50/1.4.

It works with all bayonet mount pentaxes. Even with 67 or 645 lenses and the suitable
converter, if you focus with the lens wide open. :-)

Wide open, the converter produce softish images. A 50mm and the 1.7TC makes a very
nice portrait combo, with a convenient soft-effect.
Stopped down a bit, it's quite good optically.

Jostein

>Hi,
>How do you assess working of SMC PENTAX-F AF Adapter 1,7x with manual lenses? Is it
>accurate?Fast? Does it worth to buy it?Average price?Does ot work with K M and A
>lenses?Any comments...What is the optical quality of the adapter itself?
>Alek

>OnetPoczta: du¿a, szybka, bezpieczna!
>http://poczta.onet.pl/oferta/

Best regards.