Back in the mid eighties, Minolta was popping out APO lenses faster than a
welfare momma popped out babies. I queried the local rep about just how
apochromatic their APO lenses were.
Apparently, not as apochromatic as the designation implied.
In fact, not really apochromatic at all.
Just somewhat better corrected than their basic anistigmat lens designs.

William Robb

Then, some non-APO lenses might be as corrected as some (supposedly) APO lenses. I remember a Fujinon 400/4.5 test where they (was it Mod Ph?) would state that the lens was corrected to the point of being "almost apochromatic".

Aren't there any norms, JCII or else, to fix a minimum degree of correction before you can say it is apo?

Andre