On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Dr E D F Williams wrote:

> I would suggest that it works the same way; that the aperture and speed will
> be set automatically in AE mode.

The P30 does not have AE, only P and Manual. In P (even without the
flash) the shutter setting is irrelevant; the camera does as it
pleases (but tells you what it thinks).

> The P30 film speed is ISO 100 without a
> film in the camera. But why not just put one in? Or an empty cassette?

I don't do my own processing, so I don't have empty cassettes. But
what I can do is put one in and then move it to another camera if I
don't shoot; it's the DX that I want to get.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kostas