Hi,

Sunday, October 26, 2003, 7:45:50 AM, you wrote:

> Does anyone know where Kodak process Kodachrome sent to their UK "lab"?

> I can remember a good few years ago that they closed down processing in
> Wimbledon and moved it somewhere else, (France?).

> I'm not a regular Kodachrome user, but fired off a few reels last week, and
> sent them away. They are taking forever to come back (10 days) and the one
> roll that has come back has a Postage Paid Lausanne label on it.

they moved it to Lausanne, in Switzerland only about 2 years ago. I've had
perfectly acceptable results from them. The only disadvantage, as you point
out, has been the turn-round time. When I had a lot of film to process I
used to take to the Wimbledon lab in person and talk it through with
the people who did the work. When they moved the operation to the land
of chocolate and the cuckoo clock I had about 70 rolls of film I
wanted to process. Fortunately I was given the name of one of their
customer service people, Florence something-or-other, who was
extremely helpful. She relayed my instructions to the processors and
the work was done as requested.

My guess is that for people who never had the luxury of being able to go to
Wimbledon, the move to Switzerland won't make much difference.

The good news is that Agfa Scala processing has been brought back from
France to London. It had been moved over there after Joe's Basement
went into liquidation, but is now back here.

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]