Well I have 3 major problems with current DSLR's.
1. Price, needs to be 1/2 of current.
2. Price, needs to be 1/2 of item 1.
3. Price, needs to be 1/2 of item 2.

When they meet those criteria I will difinately buy one, probably used.
(just a little bit tongue in cheek)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've been thinking about what improvements I'd like to see in DSLRs -- in the immature c**p technology -- before I am happy or happier. And, thus, more willing to spend bucko bucks on a DSLR.

Trouble is, I am rather ignorant. But I think I'd like to see:

1. Canon solve it's exposure problems. (Not totally sure this is the problem, but it seems that is the problem, or maybe it's auto focus in low light, which is supposedly a problem with some of their film cameras as well.)

2. Better software for chromatic aberrations This is where I am really ignorant. But it seems to me that good interpolation (?) software might distribute the results of chromatic aberration better, so that digital apes film more. I mean, people are not going to be happy when they discover that one half of their lenses do not work that well with a DSLR. I wouldn't be happy shopping around for older lenses, having to find out which one had bad effects on a DSLR.

3. Greater latitude. Again ignorant. But I've been thinking maybe software could ape film types more as well. I am used to shooting slides now, so the lack of latitude may not bother me -- much. But for those who formerly shot negative film, it may be a bit of a shock. Maybe this could not be done by software, maybe it has to be firmware, but I think it might be doable. Very doable. Settings to change latitude.

4. Less artifacting. Well, most 6 mps seems to not artifact too much, but there seem to be some cases where they do. I am still sort of examining this one.

5. Full frame sensor? Nope, don't think that is important to me.

6. Being able to use older lenses on a Pentax DSLR. The more and more that I have read this list, the more and more I think that would be a great idea. The main reason is that there are tons of cheaper manual lenses out there. More people would hop on the Pentax bandwagon (newbies) if they could pick up cheaper lenses for their new DSLR. However, I am not sure if the firmware would support it -- because the aperture is set from the camera and the right contacts are missing from the lens mount (this is what I have gathered from reading the list). Is an adapter ring down the line at all possible?

Anyway, these are my ignorant ramblings.

What improvements would you like to see?

Marnie aka Doe Saying no digital at all in not allowed. :-)

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."