I've done a little ebaying and so far things have gone well. In the spring I
received a camera body from the UK and it didn't match the description. The
seller refunded me £30 without any argument and I have a working body with a
few scratches and a ding on the baseplate for about £15. I now have a 10*
rating, no negative feedback -- which I shall avoid at all costs -- and am
able to put 'Buy it now' prices on my offerings. I also add 5% when buyers
use PayPal because they really are in this business for the money. Of course
when foolish people steal my carefully written descriptions it makes me mad.

I have a load of stuff to sell and hope to get on with it as soon as my head
stops spinning. I woke up on Friday and yawned in Technicolor. Being unable
to stand. I made a pitiful sight. It was like being on a small boat in a
storm and it went on all day and the next. Now I'm able to stand, but things
are still going round and round. It may be a virus, it may be worse, but
things are improving. Even Sonera's email servers are now sending mail once
in a while. They claim a worm caused a 'denial of service' attack. Aino
tells me that's what was reported on the news yesterday afternoon anyway.
I'll get to the point now:

In the past two buyers have contacted me after a sale asking for other stuff
and I was able to oblige. I consider this quite legitimate since those items
were never on eBay anyway. In a third case a man contacted me months after
an item had failed to sell and bought it for a little more than the last
bid. He used PayPal and so eBay got something out of it after all.

Furthermore, I've met a lot of enthusiastic microscopists though eBay and am
negotiating several deals for equipment that has not been offered on
Auction -- yet. I've put up a gallery of pictures and refer people to them.

Don
Dr E D F Williams
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams
Author's Web Site and Photo Gallery
See New Pages "The Cement Company from HELL!"
Updated: August 15, 2003