"How is it a Pentax problem if the Tokina doesn't show the correct info?

"Pentax cameras are designed to work with Pentax lenses. Expecting them to identify every third-party lens mounted on them is ludicrous.

"Does it make pictures with the Tokina? Does it expose properly? If so, enjoy it."

I don't expect Pentax to identify or support other lenses. It just seems to me that the logical thing to do would be to write Photo Browser so that it identifies the focal length and reports the lens as "Unknown." This is what I was expecting Photo Browser to do. It is as easy to write the program to do that as it is to write it to misidentify a lens.

Joe