Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Frits Wüthrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>http://oem-box.biz/?id=seashore&at=bequeath&href=thump
>>Adobe Photoshop 7 for $59.95?
>
>This web site is hosted on a home computer on a North Carolina
>Roadrunner cable connection, which is in violation of Roadrunner's
>service agreement, I believe. But I wouldn't be surprised if the owner
>of the computer doesn't even know the web site is there: his computer
>has probably been compromised with a trojan or worm and hacked into by
>whoever is really behind "oem-box.biz". The domains oem-box.biz and
>oem-cd.biz (the "contact us" email address) are registered in Russia,
>but the owner probably isn't within 2000 miles of Russia - he's almost
>certainly in the U.S.

I just did a little more digging and discovered that oem-cd.biz is
hosted on wanadoo.fr (France Telecom). This is probably the scammer's
home base as Wanadoo is very friendly to spammers and other types of
Internet con artists. As for the country where the scammer is
*physically* located... Who knows? U.S. would still be my guess.
Probably Boca Raton, Florida (which seems to be a haven for Internet
scumbags of all types, for some reason).

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing