> I guess I will need to go with the flash cards. Very inefficient for my purpose.
> I would like to able to take a photo and have it sent directly from the camera
> to the PC for editting and printing.

I suspect you'd need a flash card in the camera, even if it was hooked up via
the USB cable, and being operated by the not-yet-released remote assistant.

Somebody else on the list included a really good idea in his wishlist;
a camera with a built-in wireless or bluetooth connection.  I'd expect
that to start showing up in the mid-term, perhaps one or two years from
now, just to compete with the ease-of-use of cellphone/pda/camera combinos.