----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Wunsch"
Subject: Re: Projector Screen Recommendations?

That sounds like a pretty good and cheaper idea.

Is their any particular type of surface material I should be looking at?
 see different materials out their like matte and glass bead.  I just don't
 know much about it.

Lenticular screens used to be the primo ones back when I was interested in such things. I don't know what is considered good anymore. I recall the lenticulars were very nice and bright though.

William Robb

Lenticular ones give a still good image for the people looking at it from an angle, as in a short and wide room. They were popular in schools of course.

Beaded ones are very bright (quite impressive) as they reflects more ligh (but not that much for people off-axis), Also the picture is "grainy" and "hide" some defects. Some of these screens have turned yellow.

Matte ones are considered a serious tool... and they will show all the defects in your pictures (out of focus, dust, low resolution in corner, etc.)

On that last point (low res.) you would need the slides to be mounted flat (Gepe glassless mounts are a good compromise) and a good flat-field lens. Isco made some nice ones (multi-coated with perspective control) that may appear on eBay for a small fraction of their original high price.

Andre